Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Take this job......

Today , I quit my job.


I have been waiting to write those words for many, many days. Yes, it has been a long time coming. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, we have come to this place - a new adventure for our family.

I wish that I could begin this blog with some beautifully written tome about the meaning of life but the truth of the matter is that my brain is fuzz.... So.... the down and dirty version is this:

As of August 8th, I will no longer be employed as a public relations manager for an electric cooperative. Instead, I will be embarking on a new adventure as a middle school English teacher. With this new career comes the opportunity to spend time with the boys and be on their schedule.

I am starting this blog today because today we begin a new chapter in our family's life. I hope that it will be a beautiful, long chapter filled with only happiness, hearts and flowers. Past experience with reality tells me that won't be the case. At any rate, I hope it turns out to be more "love story" with a little "comedy of errors" thrown in for good measure and no "tragedies".

Wee Wee Wee~

After 7 years of a full-time career with multiple community commitments, this little piggy went home....


Stay tuned!

No comments: